Thursday, June 17, 2010

3-Bean Tacos

I feel a little cheap posting this as a recipe, so please think of it as more of an idea for a cool way to assemble some ingredients and turn it into a reliable meal. To round it out and alleviate some of my Catholic guilt, I will give you a tip that I love using. When you have leftover tortillas, it's very exciting to make your own tortilla chips. Just cut the tortilla into triangles and spray very lightly with cooking spray. Broil on medium for about 2 minutes and then toss with salt and a squeeze of lime juice. Not only are they delicious, but they're also lower in fat than those greasy fried ones you'll get at any Mexican restaurant.



3-Bean Tacos
1/2 cup each kidney, black, and pinto beans
1 TBSP. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
cheese, cilantro, and salsa to suit your tastes.
corn tortillas
This is a really easy recipe because all you do is drain and rinse the beans then cook them for about 5 minutes over medium heat with the spices. Spoon them into warmed tortillas and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Skip the cooking spray and your tortillas will be just as good with no fat! The lime juice will get the salt to stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog, and I'm really enjoying it! I'm a "flexitarian" (or whatever they're calling us now), but I'm trying to eat mostly vegetarian, and often vegan, if I can.

    Thanks for all the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete