Saturday, February 6, 2010

Welcome


Welcome to my new blog.
In October, I committed myself to living a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. Since then, I've been an on and off vegan and experimenting with different kinds of vegetarianism. For those of you who don't know, there are all kinds of vegetarians lacto-vegetarians (milk and dairy), ovu-vegetarians (eggs), and pescatarians (fish). Right now I'm a lacto-vegetarian, mostly because of my addiction to fresh mozzarella. However, when I'm at home I try to stick to vegan cooking, because I really believe that a plant-based diet is the healthiest way to live your life.
Since taking up the vegetarian flag, I've lost an additional 15 pounds(more on that later). My skin is clearer and fresher looking, and I have more energy at the gym.

One of the basic cornerstones of living a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle is that you end up doing a lot of cooking. When I go out to a regular restaurant, I always feel like I'm taking a big risk, because I never know what kind of meat or egg products could be making their way into my food. I can't verify the freshness of ingredients. Also, a lot of restaurants completely overlook vegetarian options because chefs have convinced themselves that meat is more fun to work with. So, I've been doing a lot of cooking over the past few months. This blog is meant to chronicle my mis-adventures, trials, and successes as I commit to a healthier lifestyle through vegan cooking. It will be exactly like the movie Adventures in Babysitting starring Elizabeth Shue, except I'm Brenda stuck at the bus-station.

No comments:

Post a Comment